Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whoops

I've forgotten once again to update my blog, as usual. sorry for anyone who actually reads this...lol.


Some things that happened this past month:
1.) I made the deans list, yay me!
2.) I started summer school, boooo.
3.) Lucy baby turned 10 months...not that exciting but she's almost a Lucy girl instead of baby :)
4.) I got some sweet new shoes, vibram five fingers.
5.) I've decided to go to pastry school when I'm done with college.

Some things to look forward to:
1.) My birthday along with a nice trip to Las Vegas.
2.) Finishing summer school.
3.) Transformers 3...duh.

While I sit here on my couch trying to think of something to write about in my blog so as not to disappoint my readers, I'm also multitasking by watching Pirates of the Caribbean (doesn't matter which one).  Also, I'm currently reading Wicked, the book not the play.  I was trying to think about something interesting to write about that was worth reading and not a bunch of facebook statuses jammed into a paragraph, my mind wondered.  Here I am reading a book about a fairytale land with fairytale creatures and magic, and mystery, and all things impossible in our known world.  I can't help but get lost in this book once I start reading it and although it's an incredibly slow read, I'm hooked and can't shake the rush I get with every new chapter.  I usually create images of what the characters look like in my head and imagine the land that they live in.  I build their houses and cultivate their landscape.  I dress them and decorate their rooms.  I take what the author has laid out for me to read and turn it into a "movie-type-thing" in my head.  Sometimes I write myself in as an innocent bystander watching the whole thing play out as I read it.  Interesting? Yes! Weird? Definitely! But what can I say, my imagination runs wild like the wind.  I take pride in that.

I usually reach a point where I have to put the book down and take my life off of pause and continue with my day.  Then, it hits me.  I miss that fantasy world where Animals can talk and you can attend college to learn sorcery and magic.  Where some people are born incredibly short and pink but are called munchkins, not midgets.  And there's real royalty and cool wizards and a yellow brick road.  It sounds like heaven bound in a hardback book.  I find myself waiting for the moment when I can pick the book back up again and continue reading...once again I place myself in the story and watch everything explode in front of me, nothing else matters.
Then, while I'm watching Pirates of the Caribbean,  I find my mind wondering again (like usual). "What if life was really like this?  What if there were real pirates that turned to skeleton at night, or boats that could plunge the deep blue seas and surface with weird sea creature people?"  It just seems so far fetched but I wish it were real so badly that when I come out of my entrancement I'm saddened by the sad reality that is our world.  Not that my life is terrible or that I have anything to really complain about.  I just really wish I could go to Hogwarts or another school of it's sort and learn some dang spells.  I feel like the world would be so much fun!

I often wonder if anyone else thinks the same way I do when they read a book or if anyone else wishes that we could live in a beautiful fantasy world with witches and mermaids, cool pirates and goblins, talking animals and magic. 

Since our world is the way that it is...I will continue to live in my imaginary fantasy world, which for me makes life so special and interesting, and return to reality to go to bathroom and eat. 

2 comments:

  1. this, right here. why i love you. and why you are my best friend.

    and while i definitely "hear ya", i wish my imagination ran more wild like yours. yours is totally unbound; mine, reigned in.

    teach me your ways, mastah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes grasshopper i will teach you my ways

    ReplyDelete